Get paid to mentor New contractors
What is RMO?
RMO – Responsible Managing Officer, is the legal term used for the licensed contractor who becomes a license qualifier of a new company.
This is where you come in.
Based on your location, classification(s) and other preferences, we introduce you to up to 3 new or established contractors. You become the RMO and continue to work together until the contractors can qualify themselves.
Develop new streams of income by qualifying, mentoring, supervising and networking with the new contractor(s)
Why become a RMO?
- Earn More Money
Use your Contractor’s License to become a Responsible Managing Officer (RMO) to qualify up to 3 new Contractors for monthly income. *Active/Inactive/Expired licenses accepted (expiration date less than 5 years).
Subcontract work to your contractor/s, create new business opportunities with the contractor/s you qualify, and connect with other local contractors through our community.
- Become a Mentor
Did you know that 50% of businesses fail within the first year? Share your experience and knowledge with young upcoming contractors and help them start and grow a successful business.
- Ability to Grow
For maximizing your income and your networking opportunities, you will be available on our RMO pool until matched with 3 contractors, the maximum allowed by CSLB.
- It’s Easy
Follow our guidelines for proper communication & supervision without a full time commitment.
How Does It work?
A Responsible Managing Officer (RMO) is an industry professional who has already gone through the process of acquiring and maintaining an active Contractor’s License. RMOs are able to serve as license qualifiers and supervisors in California due to certain clauses in the California Business and Professions Code. These clauses, Codes §7065.1, and §7068.1 allow companies to forego the exams needed to get a Contractor’s License by hiring RMOs as supervising officers.
If you have a knack for law and construction as well as a desire to share your knowledge and increase your monthly income stream without doubling your workload, then becoming a RMO might just be your thing.
Why choose RMO Agency?
- Don’t waste your time searching for new contractors. We will bring them to you
- We place your name on a live map on our website that shows new contractor prospects in your area your availability
- Approve each new contractor before proceeding
- New contractors go through a background check before introduced to you AND they get fingerprinted through the licensing process. Only those whose fingerprints clear get a license!
- Disassociate anytime if you are unhappy with a contractor and we are unable to assist.
- Supervision guidelines provided & access to free online portal – to make communication easier with your contractor client/s
- Accept multiple contractors – Make more money! Once you are active with your first, we will introduce you to the second and third contractors to maximize your capacities.
- Each new contractor goes through a 20 question certification questionnaire to ensure their knowledge of legal construction requirements.
- You are supported throughout your participation in our program. Contact us anytime if you have any questions or concerns about your contractor/s.