Get Your Contractor's License ASAP
Why Do I Need a Contractor’s License?
- Work Legally
Don’t put your career and family income at risk. The Contractor’s State License Board treats offenses very seriously and so should you!
- Make More Money
With a valid Contractor’s License, you can pursue bigger and higher paying projects. Don’t limit your growth potential.
- Get More Clients
A valid Contractor’s License allows you to advertise your business and display your work publicly. Get more exposure and build your brand, which includes your company’s Contractor’s License!
Why use a RMO?
- Skip the test
Using a RMO (Responsible Managing Officer) as your license qualifier waives the testing requirement due to the RMO already having sufficient experience!
- Access to Mentoring
Did you know that 50% of businesses fail within the first year? RMO Agency pairs you with an experienced contractor mentor who helps guide you to success. RMO Agency will also continue to support you and provide online tools, tips and education to support your business.
- Networking Opportunities – RMO Agency will give you access to other local contractors active in the program, for you to share projects and network for success
- Expand your services & accelerate your opportunities by adding a new classification to your license without stopping the business and studying for a new trade test.
How Does It Work?
Working with a RMO is a legal alternative to obtaining a Contractor’s License that will save you time AND give you access to an experienced and knowledgeable contractor to support your new business. (Codes §7065.1, and §7068.1)
RMO Agency maintains a pool of pre-qualified RMOs with the most high-in-demand classifications and locations available immediately.
We have done all the recruiting work for you and will assist with your licensing application process as well.
Here is your exit plan! After 5 years of working under an active & in good standing license, you are eligible to apply to become your company’s new RMO. At that point you graduate our program and get to continue working on your own with the same company and license number you have invested in for 5 years!
What are the costs?
- $1,500 security deposit (refundable upon satisfactory completion of agreement)
- $1,000 Application processing & tracking service fee
- $530 CSLB license application fee for new license (or $150 for additional classification / RMO replacement)
- $995 (begins upon license issuance / RMO approval)
- Additional payment to RMO directly for supervision visit (per supervision mentorship plan): $100 per visit + driving time @ $30/hr + mileage @ 56 cents per mile. 1 visit per month required. Additional visits for high volume of work.
Additional costs for Contractor’s Bond, insurance and other government fees or taxes are not included and are required to get your license
Is there a way to reduce service cost? Yes, Refer a friend and earn $500 credit for any successful referral to us.
Search our pool of RMOs In Your Area
Enter your city / zip code to find RMOs near you
Did You Know?
Contracting or selling a construction project over $500 without a valid Contractor’s License is a criminal misdemeanor offense.
The State has undercover sting operations looking to catch and prosecute unlicensed individuals. If caught, you will face fines and possible jail time.
Consequences of unlicensed operation
- 1st time offenders likely will have to appear before a superior court judge and face misdemeanor charges. In addition, potential sentence of up to 6 months in jail and/or $5,000 fine plus administrative fine of $200-$15,000.
- 2nd time offenders have a mandatory 90-day jail sentence plus must pay a fine of 20% of the contract price, or $5000.
Don’t take a risk and Contact Us Today